Summer 2020 Reimagined! Click here for a list of new workshops designed for this special summer.
Join us for a range of new workshops, designed especially for this summer. Enjoy our signature focus on Creativity, Community, and Craft, from the comfort of your own home or “Kitchen Table Studio”.
With our new options, you may wish to take this opportunity to experience something new and expand your creative scope; to try one of the new workshops open to families; or to continue to build on your skills and vision in your favorite medium.
Because we are a private nonprofit education institution, scholarships are awarded from funds donated specifically for that purpose. Generous donors have made scholarships available on a limited basis for these specific groups: (contact Summer Registrar for details)
- Native American Community Leaders, Artists, Members, and Teachers
- Inland Empire Teachers, Professors, and Graduate Students
- Writers Week Fellowships for Poets and Writers
Discounts and Credits
Idyllwild Arts offers students options to reduce the cost of attending the Summer Program. Some discounts may not be combined.
Pay in Full Today: 10% off tuition when you Pay in Full on the same day your application is submitted. (Available through March 15, 2019.)
Family Discount: Two or more members of your immediate family qualify for a reduction of $50 per person, per workshop. Family members are not required to attend at the same time. Only applicable to workshops lasting one week or longer. Available to Financial Aid applicants. Not applicable for Family Week.
Bring a Friend: Earn a $50 credit for each new student- one who has not attended the Summer Program previously- you bring to the Summer Program (limit $500). A new student can be claimed by only one returning student. Available to Financial Aid applicants. Does not apply to immediate Family Members.
Teacher and Student Discount: If there is space available in a workshop 30 days before it begins, teachers (K-12, currently employed, full time) and current college/university students (full time) may enroll at 50% off of tuition. Available on a limited basis.
No refunds are made for early withdrawals, student cancellations or no-shows (regardless of accident, illness, or change of plans) except as follows. Program Protection insurance is available for purchase at online checkout.
1) All fees, minus the $50 application fee and a 3% service fee on the total amount paid are refundable up to 90 days before a class is scheduled to begin.
2) 80% of fees minus the $50 application fee and a 3% service fee on the total amount paid are refundable if a student withdraws 89 to 30 days prior to the student’s Registration Day/start of workshop. This refund requires a written request.
3) No refunds will be made less than 30 days before a student’s Registration Day/start of workshop.
4) If Idyllwild Arts cancels a class, all fees are refundable in full.
5) You will have the option to purchase Basic and Premium Program Protection insurance at online checkout. Similar to travel insurance, Program Protection makes up the gap between payments and stated refund policy should emergencies occur. Choose the Program Protection option through online registration. You must purchase when you register.
Idyllwild Arts is not able to apply non-refundable payments to a future program.
The Parks Exhibition Center
Enjoy shopping the Parks Exhibition Center’s carefully curated collection of beautiful, handcrafted items procured from Southwest Indigenous artists and galleries from the comfort of your home!
- Earrings, Bracelets, Rings & Pendants: Rare turquoise and vibrant stones, intricate beadwork and stunning silver inlay and overlay designs
- Hand-carved Zuni fetish carvings
- Authentic Diné (Navajo) weavings
- Intricate baskets
- Unique accessories
Be sure to also check out our talented summer faculty artists through our resource directory and shop directly through their websites!
Idyllwild Arts is proud to have celebrated Native American arts, culture and traditions for decades through our workshops, gallery programs and the annual Native American Arts Festival. Your purchase supports arts programming at Idyllwild Arts today and beyond.
Visit the Parks Exhibition Center online: https://idyllwildartsgallery.square.site/
The Parks Exhibition Center is a focal point of the Idyllwild Arts campus. It is open throughout the year and serves to enrich the Academy and Summer Program by featuring the work of students, faculty and visiting artists. The 1,400 square foot space was dedicated in 2002 and is a gift of Elizabeth B. Parks.
During the Summer Exhibition Season, Parks is proud to feature a diverse breadth of Native American artwork and jewelry, as well as the creative talent of the many visiting faculty artists. Highlights of the season will include exhibits of faculty work from the Summer Program’s themed programs – Hot Clay, Metals Week, and the Native American Arts Festival. Artists’ receptions, lectures and demonstrations are scheduled each week and are free and open to the public.
September through May, the Parks Center is an integral part of the Academy’s Visual Art program. It offers students the opportunity to view art works in a professional gallery setting. Parks is an invaluable educational tool, providing a forum for critical dialogue between the students and artists. It has become a dynamic part of Idyllwild Arts, hosting readings, performances and local community events.