Children’s Dance Program: Virtual Dance Classes
From ballet to modern, the Children’s Dance Program faculty will draw out your young dancer’s inner confidence and inspire them to develop into an authentic performer. This workshop is the perfect enhancement to your child’s school curriculum.
Led by Academy Dance Chair Ellen Rosa-Taylor, the Children’s Dance Program brings dance training to children ages 3 to 12. Originally conceived to serve local students, classes are now online and available for young dancers everywhere who will benefit from affordable, quality dance instruction.
Weekly Class Schedule
Classes are held on Saturdays. Times vary by class.
|Level||Class Time (PDT/PST)||Age Range||Tuition|
|Ballet Level 1||10-11 am||7-9||$100|
|Ballet Level 2||10-11 am||9-12||$100|
|Ballet Level 3||11 am – 12:30 pm||11-12||$150|
|Modern Dance||11 am – 12 noon||7-12||$100|
*Ballet Level 3 has been combined with Ballet Level 2. We invite older students to consider our fall teen Dance Workshop.
Meet Your Faculty
Ellen Rosa-Taylor is the Chair of the Dance Department at Idyllwild Arts Academy. She received her BS in Ballet from Indiana University and her MFA in Dance from Florida State University, where she received the Dean’s Teaching Fellowship as well as a University Fellowship. Rosa-Taylor is an American Ballet Theatre Affiliate Teacher and has received the distinction of ABT NTC Fellow. She has performed as a ballerina with the Los Angeles Opera, New York City Opera, San Diego Opera, City Ballet of Los Angeles, Media City Ballet, and Chattanooga Ballet. Rosa-Taylor was also featured as the Bluebird in Disney’s Snow White: An Enchanting Musical at Disneyland.
What You Will Need
- Good internet connection
- Any electronic device that has access to the internet (phone, tablet, computer, iPod, etc.)
- Make sure your device is charged before class begins
- Pre-Primary & Primary girls: Pink leotard. Pink tights or white ankle socks. Pink ballet shoes. A pink skirt is optional.
- Ballet Level 1-3 girls: Black leotard. Pink tights. Pink ballet shoes. No skirts allowed at this level.
- Modern Dance girls: Black leotard, black tights, jazz pants, sweat pants or bike shorts. Black or white tee-shirts are permitted. No shoes required.
- All boys: Plain white tee-shirt. Black shorts or black tights. White socks. Black or white ballet shoes.
- Pre-Primary & Primary girls: If hair length allows, please have hair in a neat bun. If hair is short, hair should be neat and kept off face with a barrette or bobby pins.
- Ballet Level 1-3 girls: Hair should be in a neat bun. Students and parents will be shown how to do hair on the first day of classes.
- Boys: Hair should be neat and kept out of eyes.
If you have never used Zoom, check out this Zoom tutorial.
– November 14, 2020
Tuition: Varies by program
Lab Fee: N/A
Enrollment limited to 12 students per class.
Varies by program
Ellen Rosa-Taylor & Assistant Instructors