Check out our 2020 Online Workshops
We are determined to find ways to inspire your artistic and creative spirit, particularly in these challenging times. We believe that citizen-artists are needed more than ever. Science can develop much-needed vaccines and treatments, but artists are equally vital, to help heal communities and challenge the status quo.
If you have any questions or need assistance please call 1.951.468.7265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
See a full list of Online Workshops at idyllwildarts.org/summeronline.
Register and make payments online at www.idyllwildarts.org/register. We accept VISA, American Express, Discover or MasterCard. Completed applications must include the $50 application fee, and $500-per-course deposit to ensure placement. Deposit is applied toward tuition. If you are applying for financial aid, register early; you will pay a reduced deposit of $250.
Application is confirmed upon payment of application fee and deposit. Enrollment (class placement) is not guaranteed until balance is paid in full. Auditioned workshops also require acceptance before enrollment is confirmed. Complete balance is due at least 30 days before class begins; a $100 late fee will be assessed to past due accounts.
Idyllwild Arts is committed to providing need-based financial aid to talented young artists from diverse backgrounds. Because we are a private nonprofit educational institution, scholarships are awarded from funds donated specifically for that purpose. Awards are based on financial need, talent, or programmatic needs in ensembles or productions.
In addition, some funds are designated to assist specific types of students who also demonstrate financial need:
- Gifted/Talented students ages 8–18 years old who are identified as Gifted/Talented or who are enrolled in a Gifted/Talented program (verification required).
- Native American students ages 9-18 years old (tribal affiliation verification required).
- Female High School Students from Riverside or San Bernardino counties.
Music Merit Award:
Music students who achieve Regional, All-State and National Honor status qualify for an automatic $1,200 award when they apply by Feb. 25, 2020 or a $1,000 award when they apply between Feb. 26 – April 15. No Honor Awards are available after April 15. Apply early to qualify.
Size of Award
In general, the maximum award that may be granted is half the cost of tuition, room and board for one High School, Junior Artist or Children’s Center two-week course. In rare circumstances, a larger award may be granted to students with exceptional financial need.
If your attendance at the Summer Program is dependent upon receiving a scholarship and we are unable to grant your request, your $250 deposit will be refunded (The $50 registration fee is not refundable.)
Discounts and Credits
Idyllwild Arts offers students options to reduce the cost of attending the Summer Program.
Early Bird Registration: Complete your registration by Jan. 15, 2020, and receive $50 off per workshop.
Pay in Full Today: 10% off Tuition when you Pay in Full on the same day your application is submitted, available through March 15, 2020. 5% off Tuition when you Pay In Full on the day you apply, available through May 1, 2020. Not applicable for Family Week.
Early Full Payment: 5% off Tuition when you use a payment plan to Pay In Full by March 15, 2020. Option not available to Financial Aid applicants (reductions are factored into your aid package).
Family Discount: Receive tiered discounts when you register two or more members of your immediate family: 2 members – $75 off your balance, 3 members – $150 off, 4 or more – $175 off. Family members are not required to attend at the same time. Only applicable to workshops lasting one week or longer. Available to Financial Aid applicants. Not applicable for Family Week.
Teacher Discount: Teachers who contact email@example.com using a valid school email address may request a unique discount code to provide to students. Only applicable to workshops lasting one week or longer. Available to Financial Aid applicants. Not applicable for Family Week.
Bring a Friend: Earn a $50 credit for each new student—one who has not attended the Summer Program previously—you bring to the Summer Program (limit $500). A new student can be claimed by only one returning student. Available to Financial Aid applicants. Does not apply to immediate family members.
Four-Week Music or Theatre Discount: High school students who enroll and are accepted in two consecutive music or theatre programs (e.g., Symphony Orchestra/Chamber Festival or New Play Development/Shakespeare Intensive) are eligible for a 15% discount on Tuition. Music students may combine 15% discount with one All-State/Honor Ensemble discount for music intensives.
The Student, and the Student’s Parents if the Student is under nineteen years old, understand(s) that the Program has limited enrollment and that IAF makes arrangements for the accommodation, housing and instruction of students based on anticipated enrollment. He/She/They further understand that the overhead expenses of the Program do not diminish with the departure of students during the course of any Program workshop. The Student, and the Student’s Parents if the Student is under nineteen years old, therefore agree(s) that, with the exception of the limited refund policy provided herein, if IAF, pursuant to the acceptance of this Agreement, reserves a position for the Student in the Program, he/she/they are not entitled to any refund, regardless of whether the Student completes the Program or is withdrawn, absent or dismissed for all or any portion of the Program.
The Student, and the Student’s Parents if the Student is under nineteen years old, understand(s) and agree(s) that no refunds will be made for early withdrawals, student cancellations or no-shows for any reason, except under the following limited circumstances:
- Withdrawal Up to 90 days Before the Class is Scheduled to Begin: All fees, with the exception of the $50 application fee and a 3% service fee on the total amount paid, are refundable up to 90 days before the applicable workshop is scheduled to begin.
- Withdrawal Up To 30 Days Before the Class is Scheduled to Begin: If a student withdraws less than 90 days but up to 30 days prior to when a class is scheduled to begin, 80% of fees, with the exception of the $50 application fee and a 3% service fee on the total amount paid, will be refunded.
- Withdrawal Less than 30 Days Before the Class is Scheduled to Begin: No refunds whatsoever will be made less than 30 days before a class is scheduled to begin.
- Cancellation of Class by IAF Before Class is Scheduled to Begin: If IAF cancels a class before the class was scheduled to begin, all fees are refundable in full. If the Student was only enrolled for the one class that was canceled by IAF before the class was scheduled to begin, IAF will also refund the $50 application fee. If the Student was enrolled for other classes during the same session that were not canceled, the $50 application fee will not be refunded.
- Withdrawal Upon Financial Aid Decision. If the Student’s enrollment in the Program is dependent upon receiving financial aid from IAF, and IAF was unable to grant the request for financial aid, all fees with the exception of the $50 application fee, will be refunded upon the Student’s written withdrawal before the class(es) were scheduled to begin.
Idyllwild Arts is not able to apply non-refundable payments to a future Summer Program.
CampMinder offers a Protection Plan for tuition. Visit www.campminder.com/protectionplan for details.