June 15-July 24
Want to improve your math skills in a supportive, individualized summer program? Math Lab helps you supplement your math and problem-solving skills and advance to the next level. Whether you need help with foundational skills to succeed in Algebra 1, or want to move through our core curriculum at your own pace, Math Lab can help. Working individually and in small groups, Math Lab students will progress at their own pace, guided by teachers who are committed to tailoring education to individual student needs.
mathLAB is a great choice for students who want:
- A more flexible fall schedule to free up time.
- A scalable summer program. Students can learn the material at a light pace (minimum two zoom meetings per week and measurable progress on the material), or choose to devote more time and cover more content.
- To get comfortable with the online Knowre Math platform used during the Academy year.
- To ease the transition to the Academy year.
- To improve time management and study habits.
- To foster relationships with Academy teachers, enabling them to identify areas needing support and inform math placement for the Academy year.
- To learn in a low stakes/low pressure environment with consistent support.
- An environment that reduces math anxiety based on fear of not keeping up with the class.
Summer mathLAB 2020 is available for incoming students of Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, Geometry and Algebra 2.
Cost: $2,250 for 6 weeks or $1,500 for 4 weeks
Registration Open May 27
What sets our program apart
This is a unique program for students who want to advance, enrich, or fortify their math skills. Our teachers are content area specialists who believe in the power of individualized education. We want students to have freedom to move through new material at a pace best suited to their own learning needs. We love to learn and we want our students to love to learn with us.