Dance: Dance Workshop
Enhance your knowledge and skills in contemporary dance technique and learn to challenge yourself to think creatively about how to see and experience dance. This workshop includes live Zoom dance technique classes that can be performed at home as well as artistic activities that will inspire you to create engaging choreographic works. The program concludes with a culmination performance video, streamed for you and your family.
To deliver the best experience, your instructor will deliver an online workshop that recreates a live studio environment. He will implement technique, creativity and ensemble communication, all adapted for remote learning. Maintaining body condition is essential for dancers, and Hai will keep students motivated, moving and passionate.
This workshop is a great opportunity to make new social connections with passionate performers who share your interest in dance. Instruction and techniques are a great enhancement to any dance curriculum.
Weekly Class Schedule
- Mondays and Thursdays from 4-5:30 pm PDT/PST
- The final class day will be a virtual culmination
Find the full schedule here.
Meet Your Faculty
Hai Cohen is a native of Beer-Sheva, Israel, and studied ballet at Bat Dor Professional Dance School, where he was awarded the American-Israel Cultural Scholarship, given to the country’s top dance student. Hai’s training continued with Bat-Sheva Dance Company. He toured internationally as a soloist with Aylot Anegov Israeli Folk Dance Company and was a member of Kamea Contemporary Dance Company. In 2007, Hai joined Kibbutz Contemporary Dance Company, touring and teaching internationally with the company. He was a member of the acclaimed Los Angeles-based BODYTRAFFIC (2010-13). In addition to teaching at Idyllwild Arts and LACHSA, Hai is featured regularly as guest faculty, choreographer and clinician at schools across America.
What You Will Need
- Good internet connection
- Any electronic device that has access to the internet (phone, tablet, computer, iPod, etc.)
- Make sure your device is charged before class begins
- No shoes needed – bare feet or socks okay
- Jazz shoes (optional)
- Black leotard or T-shirt
- Black pants, bike shorts, or tights
- Space to move in, such as a kitchen, dining room, or outside deck
- Ballet barre, chair, or counter
- Become familiar with Flipgrid. (www.flipgrid.com) Hai will be sending an email with a link to access our workshop’s “Grid” on the first day of class. We will be using this to record and watch your dance creations. This will not be shared with the public. We will be sure everyone has access during our choreography session on the first day of class.
If you have never used Zoom, check out this Zoom tutorial.
– November 12
Lab Fee: N/A
Enrollment limited to 12 students.