Our picturesque campus is set on 205 acres of pristine pine forest located in the renowned arts village of Idyllwild in Southern California’s San Jacinto Mountains.
Idyllwild Arts can be reached from regional airports by car. The campus is within 2 hours of Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego.
At an elevation of 5,200 feet, the sprawling campus and facilities are comprised of state-of-the-art classrooms, sound-proofed private rehearsal studios, a sound stage, spacious and comfortable student dormitories, a large dining hall, an architecturally stunning library, a performance theatre, a recital hall, an outdoor ampitheatre, Health Center, student store, and numerous administration buildings all laid out with scenic walking trails and roads.
Amid this idyllic setting, you will find facilities that enhance our students’ experience of artistic discovery, productivity, creativity.
Our campus includes this brief listing of facilities:
- Dormitories with ensuite baths with private showers and bathtubs
- Comfortable common areas with sofas, pool tables, flat screen TV/DVD players, fireplaces, kitchens and scenic views
- IAF Theatre can accommodate 300 for music, dance, theatre performances
- State-of-the-art Bruce Ryan Sound Stage for film productions
- Top-of-the-line professional film editing bay
- Fisher and Lewitzky professional Dance Studios
- Kennedy Kiln Center – a fully-functioning ceramics kiln studio
- Parks Exhibition Art Gallery for student and visiting artist exhibitions
- Krone Museum with historical photos and archives, and Native American art
- Private sound proofed music rehearsal studios
- Krone Library with state-of-the–art research and reference facilities
- Holmes Amphitheatre – a spacious outdoor stage in a picturesque setting for graduations and live performances
- WiFi Enabled Campus Network
A Campus with an Emphasis on Sustainability
In addition to providing an outstanding arts education to our students, Idyllwild Arts is also committed to instilling a sense of responsible , eco-conscientious environmental stewardship.
Working with Evan Mills, sustainability expert and a member of the Nobel Prize winning team of scientists that worked with Al Gore on Climate Change initiatives featured in the acclaimed documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, we have implemented a host of sustainable practices on campus.